Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 4 Update: an unexpected pain...

Today was day 4 since my vulvar vestibulectomy. Yesterday was probably the worst day so far... I got my period and the cramps were unbearable. I took 2 ibuprofen at 8am and 2 midol at noon. This was more pain killers than I have taken for the surgery. It was also 10 times more painful, easily. I just sat in bed all day for the most part and did 3 sitz baths throughout the day.

Today was much better. The cramps were pretty much gone I just got a headache from my hormones acting up. I felt totally normal today. I still haven't really looked at the area because I'm too scared I'll tear the stitches. I also went for a walk today; going slow and taking it easy. It was nice to get out of the house and I had absolutely no pain. I used a doughnut pillow for the car ride but walking feels almost 100% normal; sometimes I feel the stitches poking into me though.

More updates soon :) comments or questions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment