Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Week Post Surgery: Recovery and Walking

It's been just over a week since surgery and I'm doing really well. I'm so happy my period is over and I can finally go commando (recommended by my doctor) wearing comfy sweat pants when I'm around the house. This lets the area dry out to reduce the risk of infection. I'm still doing Sitz baths three times a day and using a blow dryer on low to dry the area after soaking. I have also been using the little squirt bottle the doctor gave me to rinse the area after going to the bathroom. The last few days have been totally pain free, although I haven't really had any real pain since the beginning. I can describe it more as being uncomfortable at times (or just kind of weird feeling). I've been going for walks, driving, and doing chores around the house with no issues. I still sit on a doughnut pillow when I do sit just to avoid putting any extra stress on the area. I also am really careful when bending down or getting in and out of the car so that I don't break open the stitches. The doctor said the stitches might cause a pokey feeling when I sit but I haven't really felt that. Maybe a little in the beginning when I was sitting down but not lately at all. I have my first post operation appointment this coming friday and I can't wait to tell my doctor how easy it's been. For anyone considering getting this surgery I would definitely recommend taking a week off afterwards where you can relax and let yourself heal but after that, as long as you have a doughnut pillow, things should be relatively normal. I am definitely not ready to go skiing, or biking, or even jogging necessarily, but I feel great.

Also, please remember that there are varying types of vulvar vestibulectomy's and depending on how much tissue was removed, there would be varying levels of pain. Some people have the vestibular glands removed and some do not. My particular surgery just removed the affected tissue on the surface and no glands were involved. I had the most pain at the 6pm spot of the vaginal opening but strong pain from the 2pm to the 10pm section.

More updates soon!


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete