Monday, January 9, 2012

Vestibulitis: Things I've Tried and Some Great Resources

Now that I am waiting to see if I am "cured" after having a vulvar vestibulectomy, I figured I'd work backwards and share my experiences with past treatments that I have tried. Obviously nothing has really had any lasting or overly positive impact or I would not be in this position today. But, since vestibulodynia can be different for everyone, I thought some of you reading this blog might get some new ideas if you are feeling like you've hit a wall and your only option is surgery.

Subscribe to my blog to follow my story...

I will be posting about the different treatments I've tried every week until I've told you about them all. By that time hopefully I will have a success story to share with you too!

For now here are some great resources:

His and Her Health on Vulvar Vestibulectomys
This is a great forum that I recently found. It does have a lot of negative comments from people who have had vulvar vestibulectomys that didn't help them or made their condition worse but it is important to remember that some surgeries are much more invasive then others (even though they have the same name) and some of the people with this condition also have issues like prudential neuralgia or fibromyalgia that can make things much worse. Always do your research before getting surgery and as your doctor to describe the surgery to you in detail as well as talk about the experience he or she has had with this surgery in the past. It is also important to make sure you don't have an underlying condition that could be causing this issue because in that case, surgery might not be the best option.

VulvarVestibulitisRelief.com
Sign up for this site and create a case study to share your story. You can look at other case studies to get ideas for new treatment options or just read some of the articles that are posted there for more information.

MTV True Life: I Can't Have Sex
This is a video MTV did a while ago that just shows that this condition (or ones like it; ie. vaginismus) are more common than you think!

More resources and information soon!


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete