Saturday, December 17, 2011

Why Me?

That is what I asked myself when I was finally diagnosed with Vulvar Vestibulitis about 3 years ago. I had been to 4 different doctors before getting a diagnosis and every since then, it has been an uphill battle (still far from being won). I found out something was wrong ‘down there’ when I had sex for the first time at age 17. The first time was painful, but it is for everyone, right? The only difference is for me, it didn’t get better; in fact it got worse as time went on once the psychological effects of associating sex with pain set in. Anyway, more about this later. For now I just want to give an introduction to my condition and share my story with other suffering from the same thing.

What I’ve Tried (in order for the most part):

- Amitriptolene
- Topical Lidocaine
- Premarin Estrogen cream
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
- Topical Gabapentin
- Cotten sanitary pads
- Natural soap and shampoos
- Estrogen/Projesterone cream
- Estrogen/Testosterone cream
- Sea Berry Buckthorn Oil
- Calendula cream
- Calcium Citrate supplement
- Chiropractic
- Accupuncture (Just started)
- Surgery (scheduled for the end of December!)

Hopefully I didn’t forget anything… Obviously I haven’t had much luck since I have surgery scheduled for the end of the month. Feel free to comment with any questions or suggestions. I would love your input! I will work backwards in this blog and tell my story from the beginning while keeping you updated on my current progress. If you have any specific topics you want me to write about let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment