Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pre-op appointment today - part 1

Today was my Pre-operation appointment with my obgyn to discuss all the surgery details. The surgery is called a vulvar vestibulectomy and involved removing the painful skin tissue and a little bit of the area surrounding it. My doctor used a qtip to touch the sensitive area to determine what area needed to be removed. For me, it consists of the area 2pm to 8pm of the vestibule area. The vestibular glands will not be removed. Although my obgyn has only done 5-8 of this specific surgery (with all success) she is a very highly demanded surgeon at the hospital which I am going to. She says that she considers this a minor surgery with minimal risks but that all surgeries have some level of risk regardless. In my next post (hopefully tomorrow) I'll go into detail about the surgery protocol and the estimated recovery time.

Comments and questions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment