Monday, March 26, 2012

Addressing the Muscle Pain with Vulvar Vestibulitis

So I've been going to the physical therapist 2x a week for a few weeks now and I have noticed some improvement. I am now 98% pain free with the Q-tip test! Very exciting! And now I am moving on to continue addressing the muscle pain that I've been struggling with. I never realized that muscle pain causes burning the same way that the vestibulitis does. Now that the vestibule tissue is healed and practically pain free I can really identify the location of the muscle pain and it's just inside the vestibule area. The muscles feel so tight during PT and I can tell it is going to take a while to relax them and stretch out.  I try to use the dilators every other day and I am hoping to notice a difference in the next few weeks. If not, my next plan of action is botox which I have heard some women have had success with. The problem with that is you need to get injections every 4 months so I'd rather stick with PT and address the source of the problem. More updates soon! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Very informative. I never took my PT very seriously, and my VVS never fully went away. I really don't want to do surgery, so this is motivating me to give PT one more try. My physical therapist focuses only on kegels, I guess she feels this relaxes the muscles somehow, through strengthening them. Many therapists do not agree with this approach, but she has been doing this for many many years so I'll go with her for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that strengthening the muscles is important mostly because it gives you more control. Without control you can't relax and tighten your muscles when you want and a lot of time you end up tightening when you don't want to be. I think stretching the muscles helps the most though. I use dilators but I prefer just using my figures in the shower or whenever to gently stretch the opening of my vagina (where I have the most burning and pain (and tightness). It hurts a little at first but it has gotten a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete