Saturday, March 10, 2012

Physical Therapy Update for Vestibulodynia

So I started physical therapy in week 8 and it was really encouraging. I was about 70-80% better with the q-tip test and my PT said this is totally normal because it should take 3 months to full heal. After she palpated the area I recognized some internal pain that I had not really felt before because it was masked by the much more sensitive external area before surgery. I felt a burning sensation and some pain in response to pressure. She told me that this is what muscle pain in this area feels like. It manifests itself as tightness but also burning in some situations too.

I used the sensor to test my muscles ability to contract and relax and did fairly well (much better than when I first went last spring). I bought a small+ dilator to start and am going to work my way up to a larger one.  You start by putting lubricant on the dilator (I found surgilube worked really well because is doesn't burn at all) and insert it into the vagina past where it starts to hurt and so that you feel a slight stretching or burning and leave it in for 10 minutes (I suggest using a pillow and a towel to keep it in so you don't have to hold it.) Then just relax your muscles and read a magazine or watch tv while you sit there with it inside. I am trying to do this 3-4 times a week in between my PT appointments which are once or twice a week.


3 comments:

  1. I am now 6 weeks post surgery. I've felt a big difference between week 5 and 6. That was a huge relief for me, however, apparently it's too soon to have intercourse. Just the rubbing etc of the outer area became sore and irritated, so I had to soak today. they said 6 weeks, but the area in the 3:00-9:00 area is exactly where the stitches were, so while it feels so much better, there is some healing to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told 6 weeks too but I am now 12 weeks post surgery and I haven't tried intercourse yet because I am still trying to address the muscle pain. If you don't have any muscle pain then you should be okay by week 10. I think 6 weeks is a really low estimate for recovery time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete